In the vein of How I Work and UsesThis I’m sharing my tools and tricks of the trade. From web tools, to iPad Tools and more. I customize, jailbreak, and try a lot of things. These apps here are my hidden gems…
These are things you can log in to from any computer. Some of them have apps I use to reach out to them easier, but the service itself is mostly used on the web.
- Notion, a great site to generate projects and organize ideas. Mixes concepts of Pinterest with Trello, and allows you to sort the same data in multiple ways.
- Feedly, my RSS reader by default after Google Reader went extinct. I basically spend most of my time in this site.
- Dropbox, is my media sharing tool. I use it on my phone, ipad and PC to share the art I create on Procreate in the ipad.
I use this both on my Mac and PC.
- Adobe Photoshop. I used to use photoshop for digital art, but now I’m using it more for photo manipulation.
- Adobe Lightroom Classic. As I’ve traveled with my wife, I have been doing photography and collecting pictures. This software allows me to do two things:
- Color correction
- Book Creation: Using the Book service Blurb (integrated w)
This one is for customizing the look and feel of Windows.
- FalconX This app allows to put the taskbar icons in the middle for a cooler look.
Mac OS X Software
These ones are for customizing the look and feel of Mac OS X.
- Oversight For people that care about being hacked, oversight monitors audio and video sessions and lets you know when the microphone or the camera got activated
- Swish This cool tool allows you to manage your windows by using the touchpad.
I use these app both on my Iphone and Ipad.
- Things 3 I use this as my main Todo app. I have both the iphone and Ipad version and they are synced.
- Fantastical This is my calendar app of choice. Use it mostly on my Iphone. It has great text understanding so that it creates the event with the most information possible.
- Pandora Music app of choice. I have a subscription I share with my wife. I don’t have time to pick songs but I have my good thumbnail station
- Libby A new finding for me, but I’ve been using it non-stop since I found it, it allows you to borrow digital books from a local library both in written and audio form. I rent (for free) a bunch of audio books.
- Overcast My current podcast app. Love the configuration values to go back specific amounts and go forward specific amounts.
- Outlook I use this one as my main mail app. Somehow works better than gmail and allows me to access my personal and work email.
- Masterclass App for the Masterclass website, which allows me to get instructions from several masters of many topics.
- Procreate 5 My art tool of choice on my iPad PRO. The best out there (and I’ve tried a bunch).
I don’t have links to these tweaks, but you can get them in Cydia.
- Accent Gives IOS accent colors in the different menus
- Aporeo Whenever I plug my phone to a power source, it sends me to low battery mode so it charges faster.
- Canvas Allows me to change the background on my CarPlay in my car.
- ColorMeNotifs Allows to change the color of the notification so they match the icons.
- FloatingDockPlus13 Lots of improvements to the dock (max number of icons, and ipad like behavior)
- Lyricify Adds a find lyrics button on any song! I love singing.
- MilkyWay2 Adds multitasking to IOS (windows!)
- Pastel Adds icon-based or custom color to notifications
- Snowboard The tweak that allows to change your icons or fonts.